Saturday, 16 January 2010

The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

I happened to stumble across J Kaye’s fantastic blog (http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/) on my travels earlier and found this brilliant challenge. The rules are set out below and anybody that wants to join is welcome. I’ve decided on the Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge, so I’ll be attempting to read 50 YA novels before December 31st 2010.

I’m going to keep a list going at the bottom of this post so check back to see my progress. I’d love and appreciate your suggestions so please leave any recommendations as comments on this post.

Wish me luck!



The rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your Young Adult novels will be listed. Include the URL so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.


My Progress:

1. Almost Perfect - Brian Katcher (16/1/10)

2. Fat Cat - Robin Brande (10/1/10)

3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky (8/1/10)

4. Crawlers - Sam Enthoven (20/1/10)

5. The Boy Book - E. Lockhart (22/1/10)

6. The Boyfriend List - E. Lockhart (27/1/10)

7. The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein (2/2/10)

8. Fallen - Lauren Kate (6/2/10)

9. Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers (7/2/10)

4 comments:

  1. I am a new blogger and have discovered J Kayes blog to a short while back. I plan to do one of her challenges as well!!=)

    You picked a great one bc there are so many great YA books out there.
    http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... the link will not post but I am from the Saturday Network with Books at Night!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this challenge as well. I love reading YA now, didn't read it before I started doing reading challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I am writing my Plagiarism project and getting important points from different blogs and forums and This is my pleasure to being here on this blog..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.