Sunday, 17 January 2010

In My Mailbox - 1

So this is my first In My Mailbox post and I'm really excited about it. Of course, IMM is hosted by Kristi (the Story Siren - you can view her blog at http://www.thestorysiren.com/).

This week I received a nice package of books through the post. Some were sent to me for review and some I'd ordered for myself.

So, here we go!

From Luisa at Chicklish: Crawlers - Sam Enthoven:

'Four boys and four girls are on a trip to the theatre. Little do they know they will never see the play. They're about to be plunged into a nightmare. Beneath the theatre lies a secret. And now she has been released...'







Naive. Super - Erlend Loe:


'The narrator of this funny and poignant novel is searching for meaning. Going back to his childhood, onto the web and off to New York to find it. He writes lists, obsesses over the nature of time and finds joy in bouncing balls - all in an effort to find out how best to live life. An utterly enchanting meditation on experience. Naive. Super was a No. 1 best-seller in Loe's native Norway.'






Notes to my Mother-In-Law - Phyllida Law:

''My mother-in-law Annie lived with us for 17 years and was picture-book perfect.' It took a while before the family realised that Annie was increasingly (as she would put it) 'Mutt and Jeff'. So Phyllida began to write out the day's gossip at the kitchen table, putting her notes by Annie's bed before going to hers.'






Mouthing the Words - Camilla Gibb:

'Mouthing the Words tells Thelma's story through to adulthood, in a novel that is by turns harrowing, terrible and wonderfully funny. This is an inspiring fictional debut, written with a deftness and precision that is extraordinary.'









Sarah - J T Leroy:


'Cherry Vanilla has one ambition: to become the most famous 'lot lizard' in the business. With his blonde curls and naked ambition he is determined to be more woman than most and to match his idol and rival in the business: his mother Sarah.'







(Blurbs taken from Amazon.co.uk)

8 comments:

  1. Gosh, Crawlers looks so scary lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great book this week! thanks for participating in IMM!! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww! The cover of Crawlers really grabbed my attention. :-) I am also intrigued my Mouthing the Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of Crawlers is disgusting! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! Crawlers cover looks icky!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-17-10.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great information thanks for sharing this with us.In fact in all posts of this blog their is something to learn . your work is very good and i appreciate your work and hopping for some more informative posts . Again thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing excellent information. Your site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you've on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.