Monday, 8 February 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Its Monday, What are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheilia at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books in which you discuss what books you are reading this week and books you have completed reading last week.

So, last week I finished reading:

Fallen - Lauren Kate (sent to me by Sharon at Curled Up).



I loved this one and am planning to review it tomorrow. I'll post a preview of my review up soon and the full review once it's posted at Curled Up. I did have reservations that Fallen was going to end up being a Twilight rip off but, I'm very very pleased to say, it wasn't at all. It was fantastic.


Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers (sent to me by Sharon at Curled Up).



I really enjoyed Some Girls Are. It shows how cruel teenagers can be and really lays bare how complicated teenage life really is. That said, it wasn't all doom and gloom and I'll be posting a preview of my review up here soon.


This week I'm planning on reading/reviewing:

Girl, Interrupted - Susanna Kaysen.



I've been wanting to read this book for a while now and I'm only part way through but I'm really blown away by it. I haven't read a book so intense since The Bell Jar and I'm very excited about reviewing this one.

The Liberators - Philip Womack (Sent to me by Luisa at Chicklish).



I just started The Liberators today on the train on the way home from work (stupid busy rush hour train; spent the entire journey being jostled by college kids who kept standing on my boots, grrr!) and I'm already hooked!


Fly on the Wall - E. Lockhart.



I already reviewed one of Emily's other novels last week and I loved it so much I ordered Fly on the Wall, which I can't wait to get started on.


Wildlife - Joe Stretch (sent to me by Random House).



I posted a review of Joe Stretch's debut novel, Friction, a couple of weeks ago and I received Wildlife last week from Random House. Friction was a great book and I'm really intrigued by Wildlife so I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing it.

6 comments:

  1. I am in awe... I am dying to read some of those!!! I am currently reading Promise Not To Tell by Jennifer McMahon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fantastic line up of books! I am excited to read Fallen. I look forward to your review and thoughts on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Some Girls Are on my Wish List- The reviews I've read so far make it sound like it's definatly worth your time. I can't wait to read your review. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Girl, Interrupted and Fallen on my tbr pile. I started reading the first couple of pages of Girl, and it's pretty compelling stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really wanting to check out Girl, Interrupted. I really liked the movie and want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.