Monday, 17 May 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? -1

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading This Week? This is a weekly meme to list the books completed last week, books currently being read and the books to be finished (hopefully!) this week.

This meme was created by J.Kaye’s Book Blog, but is now being hosted by Sheila from One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books.

Read last week:

Stop Pretending - Sonya Sones
I absolutely adored this one and it's so unique - all written in various forms of poetry but the narrative is great and the writing is beautiful.




A Reluctant Cinderella - Alison Bond
Despite initial reservations, I really enjoyed this one. It was funny enough to make me laugh out loud but touching too and the writing is great.





Reading now:

Torment - Lauren Kate
Unfortunately I can't say anything about this one yet but I'm flying through it and will post a review when I can.





Tenderness - Robert Cormier
I'm almost finished with this one now and it's extremely disturbing but in the best possibly way! If that makes sense :) - review for this one coming shortly.




To Read:

The Oracle of Dating - Allison Van Diepen







Looking for JJ - Anne Cassidy







The Moonstone Legacy - Diana de Gunzburg & Tony Wild







So! That's all from me - what are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. Oh Robert Cormier, definitely want to read this one, love his stories even though they are disturbing in a good way. Still need to read Fallen, which is on my TBR shelf. Hope Torment is enjoyable. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Stop Pretending - it's my favourite of Sonya Sones' books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to read Stop Pretending for a long time! Sonya Sones has been on my Must Read list for decades (or, decade, as I have only lived through one.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I can't wait to see your review for Tenderness. I've never heard of it, but I DO judge books by their cover!

    My Monday post is here: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/its-monday-what-are-you-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as though you choose some excellent books and had a fantastic week last week and another lined-up this week. Happy reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-17-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Monday!

    My What are you reading? is here.

    Happy Monday. Great books! Torment is on my wishlist. :)

    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got Torment - Lauren Kate! I havent read the first one, but those covers are just amazing.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Torment is one I am excited to read and I hope you are enjoying it.... have a wonderful week and I look forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like readin your book Stop Rretending by Sonya Sones . It is really interesting to me and I nearly finished the book
    Thanksxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.