Thursday, 24 June 2010

Summer Break Reading Challenge Activity #1

Summer Break Reading Challenge

So I'm really excited about taking part in the Summer Break Reading Challenge. I've got a couple of months away from work over the summer (starting now - yay!) so I've got plenty of time to get loads of reading done and get through some of the books on many very, very long TBR list.

For the first challenge I'm posting my reading goals for the summer. I'm hoping I can read all of these but 24 books is quite a challenge - I'll give it my best shot so we'll see! So - the books I'm hoping to read between now and the end of August are:

Wasted - Nicola Morgan
The Radleys - Matt Haig
Trash - Andy Mulligan
My Worst Best Friend - Dyan Sheldon
Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
Party - Tom Leveen
The Market - J. M. Steele
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
Pretty Little Liars (books 1 and 2) - Sara Shepard
When I was Joe - Keren David
Wags at the World Cup - Alison Kervin
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
Boys, Bears and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots - Abby McDonald
Scarred - Julia Hoban
Gone - Michael Grant
Along for the Ride - Sarah Dessen
Before I Die - Jenny Downham
Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
The Star Shack - Lila Castle
Beautiful Dead: Jonas - Eden Maguire

(10/24)

For more information on the challenge and to join in, visit the blog here.

*NOTE: All books read are in italics and I have updated the list to remove some library books I've had to return*

11 comments:

  1. Wow, some really amazing books there. Make sure you definitely get to Shiver, Uglies and Sarah Dessen. They're some of my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of amazing books there. You definitely need to get to Uglies, Sarah Dessen and Shiver. They're some of my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a great list of books there and many are my faves...happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Carly. I'm thrilled to see my book at the top of your list - even if it was only in reverse alphabetical order! And I would be very very scared about this except that I just saw on twitter that you liked it so ... PHEW! Thank you so much for reading it and saying nice things on twitter. Hope you have a fab summer of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a great list of books there. I have read a few of them already and a few others are on my TBR stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Before I Die. Made me cry my eyes out! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved SHIVER AND LINGER. Definitely on my favorite book list. Also, definitely read DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS. So amazing and shockingly sad.

    Thanks for participating in the Summer Break Reading Challenge.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fantastic list! Good luck and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Summer Reading Lists!! Since I started watching the TV show, I've really been wanting to read Pretty Little Liars :) I've got my fingers crossed for you to make it all the way through your list! PS: Thanks for stopping by Book Love! I am now a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the challenge and you have a lot of good books to keep you motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck you have a great list. 13 Little Blue envelopes is a cute read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.