Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: The Radleys - Matt Haig

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My pick for this week is The Radleys by Matt Haig. I've almost finished this one now and it's out July 1st 2010 so do look out for it at the end of this week. It's a great, great book but my review will be coming soon so I'll save the praise for that.

Teaser sentences (from page 71): "And for a moment Eve doesn't see the man who just shamed her in front of her friends. She sees instead a man who has suffered whqat she has suffered, so she says nothing and looks at his hands on the steering wheel and the infinite sadness of the wedding ring he will never take off his finger."

So, what's your teaser for this week? Let me know, I'd love to check it out.

13 comments:

  1. Will you please quit adding to my TBR pile?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive heard alot about this book and im more and more intrigued by it now

    The Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    "the infinite sadness of the wedding ring he will never take off"

    I think that is the most intriguing line--the image that makes this teaser so successful as a tease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this! Thanks for the teaser!

    Mine are here -

    http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4108

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a grabber- glad to hear you liked it so much. Here is my teaser and review. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2nd person with a teaser from this book :) I can't wait to see what ya'll think :)

    Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. O wow.
    So sad.
    I feel for him.

    Great teaser!

    If you get a chance, please check out my Teaser Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds very bleak...the situation itself and the 'future' of the relationship. Nice teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm sounds a little sad. My teasers are at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very intriguing!

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... really interesting teaser. Makes me want to pick up the book! :) My teaser's here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! I hope you will check out mine for Stephanie Meyer's latest novel The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner! Also, if you check back on my blog this Friday I have huge news about the novels I had been submitting to agents/publishers!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.