Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser Tuesday this week is the fantastic The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells. I'm almost at the end of this one and it's great - there'll be a review up soon but for now here's my teaser:

Teaser sentences: "I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She lay limp as a rag doll, her hands to either side of her, her ribs glowing white as Guy fired up his lighter and sucked on the joint."

This really is a brilliant book so do try and get your hands on a copy, you won't be disappointed and check back later on this week for my review.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Good one. Really sets the scene and mind set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Just from those lines I'm not sure if I should be worried that she's limp, or just take it as scenery. Great teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it does sound good!

    Here's mine:

    http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/teaser-tuesdays/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carly - thanks for your comment on my guest post on Nayu's Reading Corner. I think ROAD CLOSED will be reviewed on Curled Up With a Good Book soon, so hope you look out for it. A review is coming out on Eurocrime soon and it's already been reviewed on amazon - so far so good! Good luck with your own writing. I'm sure you'll strike lucky soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this book. This was an amazing and shocking scene too. Good teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Teaser! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Great teaser!

    Glad you're enjoying the book, it looks great! :) Gorgeous cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eee I love this teaser! I can't wait for your review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Stop by and check out my teaser at The Wormhole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.