Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Freefall - Mindi Scott

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read. This week my pick is Freefall by Mindi Scott. I hadn’t heard about this one until recently, when I was scanning Goodreads for new books. It was the cover of this one that pulled me in initially but the summary is great and I’m looking forward to reading something by Scott, who I haven’t actually read before.


Published: October 5th 2010, Simon Pulse


Summary (from Goodreads): How do you come back from the point of no return?

Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend Isaac alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time where Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn’t wake up.

Convinced that his own actions led to his friend’s death, Seth is torn between turning his life around... or losing himself completely.

Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth will soon realize he isn’t the only one who needs saving.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog, I discovered yours last week and I'm already a follower. It's always great to meet other European book bloggers.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by on my blog - have just followed you back - love your book choice for the week. It definitely sounds very interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this book too whilst browsing goodreads (I love that site) and checked it out because of the cover.

    I love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one is on my wishlist, too! the story sounds so beautiful. my wow for this week is amelia o'donohue is so not a virgin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it will be a very poignant read and I like the fact that it has a male protagonist. Great WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it will really appeal to my HS students who like realistic fiction. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover is captivating...nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that got my attention! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh sounds interesting, and the cover is definitely intriguing. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds pretty deep. Have a great week and enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a simple-looking cover but it's so meaningful! I like the sound of the story too. And yeah, I agree with Joy, it could be a deep story too. :) I don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds great!!!! I need to some visiting Waiting on Wednesday's since my To Be Read List is getting huge lol! :)

    Tamingthebookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for this book either! I love the cover and the mystery of his friend's death. Plus it seems like there may be a romance involved. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always looking for some new YA fiction to enjoy and then pass on to a friend who teaches to keep in her classroom library. This one sounds an ideal fit. Thanks for following me. I intend to come back and check out in more detail your other YA reviews.


    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.