Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Radleys - Matt Haig

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read. This week my pick is The Radleys by Matt Haig, the launch title of Walker Canongate, a brand new Walker partnership that I'm also really excited about - but more on Walker Canongate soon!


Published: July 1st 2010, Walker Canongate

Summary: Meet the Radleys

Peter, Helen and their teenage children, Clara and Rowan, live in an English town. They are an everyday family, averagely dysfunctional, averagely content. But as their children have yet to find out, the Radleys have a devastating secret

From one of Britain’s finest young novelists comes a razor-sharp unpicking of adulthood and family life. In this moving, thrilling and extraordinary portrait of one unusual family, The Radleys asks what we grow into when we grow up, and explores what we gain – and lose – when we deny our appetites.


I really can't wait for this one - I've been promised it's not your typical vampire story and everything I've heard about it so far sounds great. Luckily I don't have to wait too long to read it as I'm being sent a copy soon so I'll be be posting lots more about this book in the future.

Another thing that's interesting about this one is the fact it's being released simultaneously in both adult and young adult editions, much like No and Me was earlier this year (which, as an aside, is a brilliant book). Personally I prefer the adult cover, much simpler and to the point (no pun intended), what do you think?

So, what are your Waiting on Wednesdays this week?

4 comments:

  1. I got this today. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly sounds interesting. I'll be interesting in reading what you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great read!

    I'm waiting to get 'Della Says OMG!' by Keris. I've heard so many good things, I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Talli!
    My copy of Della Says OMG! arrived yesterday actually :). I started it last night and it's awesome, just as good as I thought it would be!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.