Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read. This week my pick is Beautiful Darkness, the sequel to the brilliant Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia and Magaret Stohl

Published: October 12th 2010, Little Brown

Summary: Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.



Ooh, exciting! I loved Beautiful Creatures so I'm super excited about Beautiful Darkness and really, really hope it lives up to the first installment. Though, the summary is excellent so I'm sure it will. Can't wait!

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to read Beautiful Creatures, but this sequel sounds astonishing. Think I might need to correct this before Beautiful Darkness comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first one, but I've been seeing it all over the place, so that tells me something!

    Love the name of your blog!

    Here's my WOW:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/waiting-on-wednesday-12/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first one either, but these seem to be pretty popular. I must check them out sometime!

    Cute blog! <3

    Here‘s my WoW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forard to this one too. And I love the cover so much! It's such a gorgeous blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this series. I still need to begin with Beautiful Creatures. Great pick!

    I'm waiting on The Iron Thorn here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I STILL have to read Beautiful Creatures. It's been almost a year since I bought my copy too. D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on a couple of WoW posts today. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My comment echos Michelle. Why have I not read book one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree. I've seen a few blog posts from people who picked up ARCs of this at BEA, and I can't wait to hear what they think of it. I loved the atmosphere of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read Beautiful Creatures. This looks like a promising sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.