Thursday, 15 July 2010

Blog Tour: The Avenger - P.C. Cast - Interview (Part Two)

As promised earlier, for part two of my P.C. Cast blog tour - an interview with the writer herself!


Hi P.C.! I want to start by saying a huge thank you for including me in your blog tour. I’m a huge fan of your work and am delighted to host an interview on my blog.

Hi Carly! Thank for your support – I appreciate you!

1. In case any readers haven’t read the book yet, can you tell me a little bit about The Avenger?

THE AVENGER is a wonderful paranormal romance that was a pleasure to write. It’s a time travel/ghost story/love story. I send my heroine, ex Air Force sergeant Alexandra Patton back in time to try to retrieve a piece of an ancient medallion that had been hidden in Boudicca’s torque.

Alex has the unique (and often troubling!) ability to communicate with the dead – a handy skill in ancient Briton. She thinks she’s going to go back in time – accomplish her mission – and return to the modern world to go on with her life. What she doesn’t expect is to meet a druid warrior who will change the course of her destiny!

2. Talk me through an average day when you’re working on a novel. Do you have a set number of words you have to write per day or do you set yourself different targets?

There really is no set number of pages or words I try to put out per day. In the early part of a manuscript I’m pleased if I can get 5 pages a day written. After I pass the mid-point hump (at around p. 250 or so) it comes easier and faster and by the end I’m producing 10-20 pages a day. My only goal is to push through that slow first part and get to the ending before deadline!


3. What do you find are the main differences between collaborating on a novel and writing on your own? Your main writing partner is your daughter – do you find being related brings more challenges to the table or makes things easier?

Well, Kristin and I don’t really co-author. She serves as my teen voice editor. I do all the writing, and because my writing process is fluid, and my plots shift as I write, it’s even difficult to brainstorm with her because so much of the books change as they progress. It is nice to know she has my back and won’t let me slip and make my characters sound too old.

4. As it ties in with the series, do you think The Avenger will appeal to fans of the House of Night books or is it aimed a different target audience?

THE AVENGER is aimed at an adult audience, and the House of Night books are all young adult. That being said, I dislike the idea that genres aren’t fluid. A good story is a good story, no matter the intended audience. I think my HoN fans who are not too young will love THE AVENGER, especially as it deals with Boudicca and her daughters – and in the HoN world it is Boudicca’s daughters who begin the Dark Daughters!

5. Is it true that the motion picture rights of the House of Night series are being discussed with producers? If the series was to be turned into a film how much would you like to be involved with the process?

The House of Night series has been optioned by Michael Birnbaum at Empire pictures. Michael does ask for my input. Actually, I just read the screenplay for MARKED (the first movie) and gave him notes on it, which he has had the screenwriter – the very talented Kent Dalian, incorporate in the script. I’m excited seeing it so close to production!

6. Thank you again for your time P.C., it’s been great having you. Before you go, do you have any other upcoming projects in the pipeline we can look out for?

Beginning in December my Goddess Summoning Series will be released in the UK, starting with GODDESS OF CAMELOT. I love this books and hope my UK fans will enjoy them, too!

2 comments:

  1. I started reading the House of Night books only recently, but I'm enjoying them a lot. Which is why I was so excited to see that you got to interview P.C. Cast! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay great interview Carly you asked great questions....P C Cast is a great writer loved by many ;o)

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.