Thursday, 1 July 2010

June Recap

How is it July already? Seriously! Where did June go? Sometimes it scares me how fast time goes by without me realising.

So June was a good, fun month for me. I got a lot done, both bookwise and other.

Books read in June:

- Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Summer of Skinny Dipping - Amanda Howells
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson
- Della says: OMG! - Keris Stainton
- And Baby Makes Two - Dyan Sheldon
- Star Crossed - Jo Cotterill
- So Much to Tell You - John Marsden
- Wasted - Nicola Morgan
- Confetti Girl - Diana Lopez
- It Happened to Nancy - Anonymous
- Trash - Andy Mulligan

Favourite of June:

- Tall Story - Candy Gourlay (closely followed by Della says: OMG! and Wasted)

Reviewed in June:

- Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma
- Speak - Laure Halse Anderson
- Tall Story - Candy Gourlay
- The Summer of Skinny Dipping - Amanda Howells
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson
- Della says: OMG! - Keris Stainton
- And Baby Makes Two - Dyan Sheldon
- Star Crossed - Jo Cotterill
- Wasted - Nicola Morgan

Reading Challenges:

- YA Reading Challenge - 45/50 (deadline 31/12/10)
- 2010 Summer Beach Reads Challenge - 1/8 (deadline 31/8/10)
- Summer Break Reading Challenge - 2/36 (deadline 31/8/10)

Goals for July:

- Post 3 reviews a week
- Read 20 books in July
- Take part in It's Monday! What Are You Reading?, Teaser Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday and IMM every week
- Reach 200 followers
- Host my first giveaway

Things I achieved in June:

- I've almost completed the YA Reading Challenge. I've only got five books to go which I'm really pleased about

- I reached 100 followers! I was so excited about this and I finished June on 144, which is really great

- I posted my first author interview (with the lovely Tabitha Suzuma)

- In non-blog related news, I had an article published in Now magazine and have been offered an internship with ViVo and K9 magazines so I'll be writing, editing and proof reading for them, which I'm SO excited about!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! that is awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! So many awesome books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! All those goals in July will be fantastic. If you are trying to get more followers you might try switching one the other meme's (or just adding it) Follow the Blogger Friday or Friday Hop :)

    Awesome June! WTG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Page Turners on the blogger hop. I am glad that i found your blog. I saw a John Marsden book on your list. I loved the Tomorrow When the War Began series when I was a teenager and I am really looking forward to the movie when it comes out in September. Have you read that series? If not, I really recommend it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.