Saturday, 24 July 2010

Random House Blogger Brunch

So I’m sure by now a few of you have read the brilliant posts that have been written about the UK Book Blogger Brunch at the Random House offices last Saturday. A group of us headed down to the offices in Ealing and met with the publicity team (Clare, Corinne, Lauren, Kelly and Rosi) who, as always, were lovely and extremely generous.

After we’d all arrived and introduced ourselves we heard from each of the publicists about upcoming books, including Torment by Lauren Kate, The Necromancer by Michael Scott (book four in the Nicholas Flamel series) and I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett. Then we spoke a bit about cover art and had a look at six options for the new Malorie Blackman novel, Boys Don’t Cry (which looks great, by the way) and luckily the cover we all preferred was the one that was chosen.

We had a little break at this point to grab some gorgeous ARCs (yay!) and all have a quick catch up – and some yummy cake, of course. Then we spoke about some Top Secret (yes, the capitals are necessary) book news which I won’t elaborate on and then headed up to the offices. Very, very exciting, I can assure you!

(Taken on my camera phone so it's fuzzy and rubbish but from L-R: Rosi, Clare, Kelly, Corinne and Lauren - lovely RHCB publicists, yay!)

Now, I thought I’d possibly come away with one or two books to have a look at and review but once we got upstairs into the offices we were told to take ANYTHING we wanted. Seriously. Anything. I nearly did a little wee with joy at this point. Seeing the bookshelves was, quite literally, awesome. Floor the ceiling, crammed with books, amazing.

I definitely came away with a ridiculous amount of books but I’m excited about each and every one so expect many, many Random House related reviews coming to the blog soon!

I had such a fantastic day, it was lovely to meet all of the publicists in person and I want to thank everybody involved for making it such a fun experience. As always it was lovely to see all the bloggers again and I hope it’s not too long before our next meet up!

The girls at Random House are always so friendly and helpful, it was an absolute pleasure to meet them all and I hope I can pay them back for the brilliant visit by reviewing this huge stack of books soon!


(This picture has been STOLEN from Sarah's Book Reviews as I forgot to bring my camera. Sarah - let me know if you want me to take this down! L-R: Me, Lauren, Kaz, Liz, Caroline, Sarah, Lynsey. Bottom row L-R: Becky, Sammee, Nayu).

The bloggers in attendance were:

Becky - The Bookette

Sammee - I Want To Read That

Lauren - I Was A Teenage Book Geek

Lynsey - Narratively Speaking

Sarah – Sarah’s Book Reviews

Nayu - Nayu's Reading Corner

Caroline - Portrait of a Woman

Liz & Kaz - My Favorite Books


The books I received copies of:

Torment – Lauren Kate
Bartimaeus (The Ring of Solomon) – Jonathan Stroud
The Necromancer - Michael Scott
Noah Barleywater Runs Away – John Boyne
The Hunt – Amy Meredith
BIEBER - So full of win it needs no author
The Runaway Troll – Matt Haig
Bloodlust and Initiation – Alex Duvall
Drop Zone – Andy McNab
Dead Gorgeous – Malorie Blackman
Creepers – Keith gray
Nation – Terry Pratchett
White Time – Margo Lanagan
The Toymaker – Jeremy de Quidt
Selina Penaluma – Jan page
Swapped by a Kiss – Luisa Plaja
Hear the Dead Cry – Charlie Price
Swoon – Nina Malkin (from Becky at The Bookette)
What I Saw and How I Lied – Judy Blundell (from Becky at The Bookette)

12 comments:

  1. OMG i wish i could have gone it would have been mega cool......lucky girls you all are. Im glad you had a great time

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get to go to that? I'm a UK book blogger and really wanna go to the next one! Looks like so much fun glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really cool event! :D Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your sunglasses on! I'm afraid my pea-green envy-glare might do some serious damage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I just gave you an award! Come on over to my blog and claim it:

    http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-to-get-and-to-pass-along.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, what fun! I never would have been able to restrain myself form taking a copy of everything haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely to read about this, and thank you for picking up my book. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks like you had a great time. And take ANY book you want? My goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like it was a lot of fun! How did you all get an invitation?

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.