Monday, 12 July 2010

Summer Break Reading Challenge Activity #8 - Read-a-Like Lists

So, for the eighth acitivty for the Summer Break Reading Challenge I have to create a Read-a-Like List. You can choose any topic/theme that you want and there isn't any specific number of titles required. For my list I've chosen the theme 'Troubled Teens'.

1. Go Ask Alice - Beatrice Sparks


2. Crank - Ellen Hopkins


3. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher


4. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson


5. Willow/Scarred - Julia Hoban


6. Girl, Interrupted - Susanna Kaysen


7. Tenderness - Robert Cormier


8. The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things - J. T. Leroy


9. Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma


10. The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides


4 comments:

  1. Great list! I remember reading Go Ask Alice in in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list, I loved Go Ask Alice and Willow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirteen Reasons Why was was such an amazing read, as was The Virgin Suicides. I've always wanted to read Girl, Interrupted too; it looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list. GO ASK ALICE was stolen from my middle school library every year. I had to purchase it over and over again.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.