Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can 41):add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My pick for this week is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and here are my sentences!

Teaser sentences (from page 11): "A few weeks ago, just days before Hannah took the pills, someone slipped an envelope through the vent of my locker. The outside of the envelope said: 'Save this - you'll need it' in red felt-tip marker." So, what's your teaser for this week?

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser! This book is already on my TBR stack but I haven't gotten to it yet. My teaser is from Legacies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks like a very suspenseful book, Carly!!
    You can see my Teaser at: Hott Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teaser will have to look this one up on goodreads sounds good though ;) Here is my
    Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's all very ominous!

    I have heard many good things about Thirteen Reasons Why, but the subject matter seemed a little raw & heavy for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Thirteen Reasons Why and I hope you do too. It is beautifully written, not extravagant or anything, but the messages and the use of two perspectives was really powerful.

    Happy reading! My teaser tuesday is at my blog...:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book was amazing! I loved it so much! I reviewed that one on my blog, The Critiquing Critica a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book so much. I don't remember what that teaser refers to, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard nothing but good things about this book! Great teaser! I've got to read it! Here's my teaser from Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is so great. I read it in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh, great teaser! Makes me wonder what it is. I hope you're enjoying the book. Here's my Teaser for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Intense teaser. Mine's from a Clive Cussler middle grade book. Pussreboots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.