Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: You Wish - Mandy Hubbard

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read. This week my pick is You Wish by Mandy Hubbard. I read a great review of this one on a blog a few weeks ago (sorry – I can’t remember which one!) and the reviewer really loved it so hopefully we all will too!

Published: August 5th 2010, Razorbill

Summary (from Goodreads): Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteenth sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin’ do. Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s supply of gumballs arrives. And a boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride… but they MUST STOP. Because when she was 15? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.

So, what’s your Waiting on Wednesday this week?

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a story! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've seen this one around and think it sounds like it's going to be one heck of a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this book looks adorable and fun!!
    I'm anticipating a lot of laughs with a pink My Little Pony in the garden, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a real fun read and I don't have to wait too long until it's released which is even better! This one is definitely going on my TBR pile, thanks Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound so charming definitely a must read Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay im too waiting on this one, i have heard some awesome things regarding it

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for this one, too. It looks like a cute, fun read.

    Here is my WoW - Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice!I love pink covers!

    here's mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/07/www-wo-wednesday-1.html

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks really cute, and has a great cover. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this a couple times now, I must really add this to my wish list! It looks great. My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WoW-ed this a couple of weeks back, and I think the idea is just fabulous. I can't wait to get my hands on this. :)

    My WoW is at One More Page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, this book is officially on the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my most awaited releases. I love the cover-the pink is so pretty and I can't wait for the release date. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.