Sunday, 29 August 2010

Review: 100% Gleek

Published: August 5th 2010, Bantam Dell

Pages: 96 pages, hardback

Acquired: Sent for review by Random House

Summary (from Goodreads): "High School Musical" with a difference, "Glee" is the hottest TV show of the year. This all-singing, all-dancing musical dramedy follows a bunch of aspiring misfits and underdogs as they attempt to make their school choir cool. The perfect guide to the cynical, sweet and downright funny hit show, this companion book is packed with behind the scenes facts, set gossip and full colour photos - it's a must-read for all you Gleeks!

My review: It’s strange to think than eighteen months ago the world had never heard of Glee. I remember watching the pilot episode the day after it was released in the US – I was hooked instantly.

Unfortunately, none of my housemates, friends or family had watched the show so I was doomed to Glee fandom alone until the show finally hit E4. Happily, it seems as though everybody else in the world became hooked as well so, at last, I had people to talk about the glorious Sue Sylvester with. Seriously, what a woman.

100% Gleek is the perfect companion to the show and gives fans insider information about the characters, the actors and the show itself. There are pages dedicated to each episode, features on each of the teachers we know and love and, my personal favourite, the Slushie Hall of Shame.

I adored every second I spent reading 100% Gleek and I’m sure the rest of you Glee fans will love it too – it’s eased the pain of waiting for the next series to start so go and check it out now – if only to learn a little bit more about Sue Sylvester. You know you want to.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I watched because my sister drag me to watch it and i have to admit i love it too =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.