Friday, 15 October 2010

Reading Challenge!

So a couple of days ago I rearranged my bookshelves into some kind of order and realised my TBR pile is ridiculous. Literally, ridiculous. So I've formed a plan of action and am setting myself a big fat reading challenge to last between now and the end of the year. We've got about ten weeks left of 2010 so I'm going to try and read as many books as I can from my TBR pile between now and December 31st.

The lists below are the books I want to read, books I need to finish reading and books I've already finished and need to review. Every book I read will be reviewed up on the blog. Each week I'm going to come back to this post and cross off the books I've read. Hopefully I'll manage to keep on track so come the New Year my TBR pile will be a bit more manageable!

Key: Italics mean the book has now been read. Bold means the book has now been read and reviewed on the blog.

Wish me luck :)!

To Read:

1. Hunger - Michael Grant
2. Lies - Michael Grant
3. Masquerade - Melissa de la Cruz
4. Revelations - Melissa de la Cruz
5. The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness
6. Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness
7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Book 2 - Jeff Kinney
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kiod: Book 3 - Jeff Kinney
9. Split by a Kiss - Luisa Plaja
10. Swapped by a Kiss - Luisa Plaja
11. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
12. Specials - Scott Westerfeld
13. Extras - Scott Westerfeld
14. Raised By Wolves - Jennifer Lynn Barnes
15. Dear Dylan - Siobhan Curham
16. Crash Test Love - Ted Michael
17. The Heroic Life of Al Capsella - J. Clarke
18. Beads, Boys and Bangles - Sophia Bennett
19. Numbers - Rachel Ward
20. Numbers 2 - Rachel Ward
21. Give, 16: Five-Star Fiasco - Sue Limb
22. The Other Girl - Sarah Miller
23. Emma and the Vampires - Wayne Josephson
24. Almost True - Keren David
25. That's Life, Samara Brooks - Daniel Ehrenhaft
26. The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin - Josh Berk
27. Never Slow Dance with a Zombie - E. Van Lowe
28. Move - Conor Kostick
29. Zoo City - Lauren Beukes
30. My Worst Best Friend - Dyan Sheldon
31. Outside In - Chrissie Keighery
32. Candor - Pam Bachorz
33. Crushed - Meredith Costain
34. Vegan Virgin Valentine - Carolyn Mackler
35. All we Know of Love - Nora Baskin
36. The Dark Divine - Bree Despain
37. Vibes - Amy Kathleen Ryan
38. You Against Me - Jenny Downham
39. Mistress of the Storm - Melanie Welsh
40. The Dead - Charlie Higson
41. Cherry Crush - Cathy Cassidy
42. Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel
43. Jekel Loves Hyde - Beth Fantaskey
44. Zen and Xander Undone - Amy Kathleen Ryan
45. Hate List - Jennifer Brown
46. My Love Lies Bleeding - Alyxandra Harvey
47. Blood Feud - Alyxandra Harvey
48. Out for Blood - Alyxandra Harvey
49. Airhead - Meg Cabot
50. Being Nikki - Meg Cabot
51. Runaway - Meg Cabot
52. The Mediator - Meg Cabot
53. The Mediator: Book 2 - Meg Cabot
54. The Mediator: Book 3 - Meg Cabot
55. The Mediator: Book 4 - Meg Cabot
56. Sin Tropez - Aita Ighodaro
57. Reckless - Cornielia Funke
58. Accomplice - Eireann Corrigan

To Finish Reading:

1. Concrete Operational - Richard Galbraith
2. The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
3. Half Brother - Kenneth Oppel

Already Read/Need to Review:

1. Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
2. Scarred - Julia Hoban
3. Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles
4. Rich and Mad - William Nicholson
5. Gone - Michael Grant
6. Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots - Abby McDonald
7. When I Was Joe - Keren David
8. Rage: A Love Story - Julie Anne Peters
9. Noah Barleywater Runs Away - John Boyne
10. The Ring of Solomon - Jonathan Stroud
11. (Re)cycler - Lauren McLaughlin
12. Life on the Refrigerator Door - Alice Kuipers
13. Air Kisses - Zoe Foster
14. Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
15. Boys Don't Cry - Malorie Blackman
16. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk - David Sedaris

Total: 77

Read: 39/77
Read and reviewed: 8/77

Left to read: 30/77

*Updated 21/11/10*

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! Great list of books! I want to read a lot of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Good luck! We have a lot of the same books in our TBR piles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I should most probably join you, but I'm not that brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, Carly! Mine's much longer!!
    especially if I include all of the eBooks I've purchased & not read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey. May the force be with you. (And please can I request the Scarred review ASAP!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, there are a lot of books on there :0)
    There are a few of my favs on there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you getting on with this Carly? I really need to do something similar, I've got to do something about all the books I need to read! It would be nice to have things back on track by January but I don't think I'll ever catch up at the rate I'm going LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.