Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: You Against Me - Jenny Downham

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read. This week my pick is You Against Me by Jenny Downham (published by the fab Random House). I think everybody in the blogging world fell in love with Downham's beautiful writing in Before I Die and I've been promised You Against Me is just as brilliant, if not better.

My copy is staring at me from the bookshelf so I may just have to dive in to it right now! Keep an eye out as my review will be up soon - it looks fantastic.


Published: December 2nd 2010
By: David Fickling Books

Summary (from Goodreads):
If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right? If your brother's been accused of a terrible crime and you're the main witness, then you banish all doubt and defend him. Isn't that what families do?

When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her at a party, his world of work and girls begins to fall apart. When Ellie's brother is charged with the crime, but says he didn't do it, her world of revision, exams and fitting in at a new school begins to unravel.

When Mikey and Ellie meet, two worlds collide. Brave and unflinching, this is a novel of extraordinary skillfulness and almost unbearable tension. It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.

9 comments:

  1. I kinda have to read this book now - I love the premise. :) Definitely going on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WOW!

    Here is my WOW

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book either! December seems so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Christie! And I love the energy your blog has! You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this sounds really good! Besides that it comes out on my birthday so it must be amazing right!? :D


    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books sounds so good. I love Before I Die and can't wait to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this summary sounds really good. This is the type of contemp I'm really into. Something with a twist. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.