Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: So Shelly - Ty Roth

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read.

This week I've chosen ‘So Shelly’ by Ty Roth. I must admit the main reason I was initially attracted to this book is the cover. Look at it! So pretty and I already feel like I know the tone of the book without even cracking the spine. I love it when a cover can tell you so much about the story. It reminds me a little bit of the covers for Fallen and Torment and that can only be a good thing.

I am a big poetry fan as well so the character names made me happy - I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this one and see if it lives up to my expectations. Fingers crossed!

Publication date: February 8th 2011

Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Summary (from Goodreads): Until now, high school junior, John Keats, has only tiptoed near the edges of the vortex that is schoolmate and literary prodigy, Gordon Byron. That is, until their mutual friend, Shelly, drowns in a sailing accident.

After stealing Shelly's ashes from her wake at Trinity Catholic High School, the boys set a course for the small Lake Erie island where Shelly's body had washed ashore and to where she wished to be returned. It would be one last "so Shelly" romantic quest. At least that's what they think.


As they navigate around the obstacles and resist temptations during their odyssey, Keats and Gordon glue together the shattered pieces of Shelly's and their own pasts while attempting to make sense of her tragic and premature end.


So what about you guys? What are your picks for this week?

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I love the slightly creepy cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Juju on that the cover is slightly creepy, but good kind of creepy, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just trying to decide if this book is going to be about the boys being gay, I mean it does sound suspicious with the "resist temptations" mentioned above. I will say that I am not a homophobe, though, I just prefer not to read about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.