Monday, 13 December 2010

Blog Tour: Fixing Delilah - Sarah Ockler

So today I'm here as part of the blog tour for Sarah Ockler's latest release - Fixing Delilah. I was a huge fan of Twenty Boy Summer, her previous book so fingers crossed Fixing Delilah does just as well.

I'm a huge music fan and have always been intrigued at the link between writer and music so I'm pleased that, for my stop on the tour, Sarah's kindly provided me with a playlist to accompany the book


'1. The Story, by Brandi Carlile. This song helped inspire the story of Fixing Delilah, and I think of it as the main theme song for the book.

2. Sigh. I don't want to give away how this song appears in the book, but it's a real song that my husband Alex wrote specifically for the story, so it's super special!

3. Eternal Circle, by Bob Dylan. This song is very adorable-soulful-guy-singing-in-the-coffee-shop, just like Patrick.

The following songs fit into various places of the story, but readers will have to check out the book and see for themselves!

4. Say Goodbye, by Dave Matthews.

5. Santa Monica, by Everclear.

6. Sherry Fraser, by Marcy Playground.

7. Let Down, by Radiohead.

8. Redemption Song, by Bob Marley.

9. Fall Apart Again, by Brandi Carlile.

10. Little Red Corvette, by Prince.

11. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You, by Colin Hay.

12. When They Ring The Golden Bells, by Natalie Merchant.

13. Thinkin' About You, by Radiohead.

14. Fix You, by Coldplay.

15. By and By, by Brett Dennen. This one is definitely the closing credits song! :-)'

So many great songs on there, Sarah! I'm especially excited to see how Little Red Corvette fits in! For those of you who haven't yet heard about Fixing Delilah here's a little more info:

Published: December 1st 2010, Little, Brown

Summary (from Goodreads): Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart. She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.

Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?
Rich with emotion, Sarah Ockler delivers a powerful story of family, love, and self-discovery.


*

To find out more about Fixing Delilah and order a copy, check out these links:

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading it right now. Love the playlist that goes along with it. Cool!
    Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I love books that link music and story. Obviously need to add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this one right now also. Can't wait until my exam is over tomorrow so I can stop studying and get back to this lol. It's such a great book and I've only read a tiny amount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I would have loved to have been part of this blog tour! I want to read this book so badly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.