Thursday, 16 December 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day Three: 10 Books I Can't Wait For in 2011

Hello everybody! So it's day three of my Twelve Days of Christmas feature and today I'm bringing for ten books I can't wait to be released in 2011. I actually found it really hard to only pick ten as there are so many brilliant books due out! Being Billy, Across the Universe and The Iron Witch are three that only just missed out but my picks are below. For more information on each book click on the title, which will take you to the book's Goodreads page:

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day Three - Ten Books I Can't Wait For in 2011

Choker - Elizabeth Woods

How brilliant does Choker look, seriously? I barely know anything about it and I like it that way - I do like going into books blind and I think Choker definitely seems like one that will be full of twists and turns. Plus, I absolutely adore the cover. Beautiful! I already have this one pre-ordered, yay!


Slice of Cherry - Dia Reeves

This is another one I've already pre-ordered and I'm literally counting down the days. This is the one I'm most excited about so I really, really hope it lives up to my tip top expectations - though all the reviews I've read have been singing its praises so I think I'm in luck! I love a bit of macabre in my YA novels so I think Slice of Cherry sounds right up my street.


The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney

I'm lucky enough to have received a proof of The Iron Witch from the very lovely Random House so I'm hoping to get stuck into this one soon! It's coming out in January 2011 (on the 20th I believe) and it looks brilliant, doesn't it? There's so much hype already for The Iron Witch and I just know it's going to live up to it.


So Shelly - Ty Roth

The cover of So Shelly absolutely blew me away when I first saw it. Wow. It's gorgeous. I love the sound of the story as well and the character names are great (if you've read the summary you'll get what I'm talking about). The concept of So Shelly isn't something I've come across before - in case you haven't checked out the summary classic romantic poets have new life breathed into them as modern high school students. I love that idea, plus I'm a bit of poetry junkie so I'm super excited about this one. Also, is Ty Roth not the best name?


The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove - Lauren Kate

After reading and loving Fallen and Torment I'm a huge Lauren Kate fan. Plus, she's absolutely lovely which always helps. The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove is a completely different tone to the Fallen series and I'm so excited about cracking on with this -my proof copy is staring at me from my bookshelves.


• I Am J - Cris Beam

Earlier this year I read and reviewed Brian Katcher's stunning novel, Almost Perfect, that deals with a transgender teen and loved it. The protagonist in I Am J is also a transgender teen so I'm really excited to read it as I've found this is an issue not touched upon very much in YA literature.


Where She Went - Gayle Forman

Well, as If I Stay was undoubtedly one of my favourite books I read in 2010 I simply can't wait for Where She Went to be released. I actually can't wait. I have to know what happens. HAVE to know. That is all.


Forever - Maggie Stiefvater

Similarly to Where She Went, there's not too much I can say about Forever that hasn't been said before. The bottom line is that I'm a massive Maggie Stiefvater fan (aren't we all?), I devoured both Shiver and Linger so I need my next Sam fix stat!


Like Mandarin – Kirsten Hubbard

Another one that I've given in and already preordered, Like Mandarin is a book I've been desperate to read for months now. I love the sound of the story and the cover completely sold me - shallow as I am. Kirsten very kindly sent me some awesome signed bookmarks that I'll be giving away in the New Year so keep an eye out for those!


Fall for Anything - Courtney Summers

Just like everybody else in the blogosphere I'm a big Courtney Summers fan. I reviewed Some Girls Are earlier this year and from then on I was hooked. Her realistic prose and unforgettable characters are second to none and Fall for Anything looks just as fab as Courtney's other books. This is another one I've preordered!


So those are my choices! As I said before, click on any of the titles to go to the Goodreads page for the book to read the summary etc. Which books can't you wait for in 2011?

Also, the lovely Kylie over at Kylie's Reads and the lovely Keris Stainton (of Della says: OMG! fame) are both posting their own versions of this feature so head over to their blogs to check out their posts :).

3 comments:

  1. Damn! If I'd known about Forever it would have made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reviews of Choker on Goodreads make me want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some gorgeous covers you've listed! Where She Went, Fall For Anything and some of the others are already on my radar and I'm super excited about them, but I hadn't come across So Shelly before. It's just been added to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.