Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Starstruck - Cyn Balog

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read.

This week I've chosen ‘Starstruck' by Cyn Balog. This is another one that drew me in because of the cover - so pretty. It also seems quite Christmassy to me which is why I'm featuring it now (ALMOST CHRISTMAS. I've been playing Fairytale of New York on repeat for weeks already). I haven't read anything by Cyn Balog before but I read some brilliant reviews of 'Sleepless'. 'Starstruck' sounds like exactly the kind of book I'd love so fingers crossed it does well when it's released in July 2011.

Publication date: July 12th 2011

Published by: Delacorte Press

Summary (from Goodreads): When Gwendolyn “Dough” Reilly’s boyfriend and best friend Wish moves away in seventh grade, the only consolation she can find is in her family bakery’s donuts. Now, it’s sophomore year, and Wish is coming back.

But in only three years, they’ve both changed—drastically. She’s seriously overweight, and suddenly Wish is the most popular guy in school, and girls everywhere want him. Dough has doubts that appearances don’t matter and that Wish can love her as she is, so she launches into a plan designed to keep them together.

That is, until she discovers that Wish’s gorgeous looks and charm might not be all they appear to be.

So what about you guys? What are your picks for this week?

3 comments:

  1. Cyn Balog! I've been looking forward for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am also quite intrigued with the premise of this novel and am dying to read her 2 previously released novels, Sleepless and Fairytale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.