Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: XVI - Julia Karr

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read.

This week I've chosen 'XVI' by Julia Karr. Honestly, I am ridiculously excited about this novel. It sounds absolutely amazing and I am literally counting down the days to January 6th. Luckily we don't have too long to wait! When I was reading the premise I automatically thought of 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman and that's definitely a good thing. And I'm always happy to hear about tattoos - yay!

Publication date: January 6th 2011
Published by: Puffin

Summary (from Goodreads): In the year 2150, being a girl isn’t necessarily a good thing, especially when your sixteenth (read sex-teenth) birthday is fast approaching. That in itself would be enough to make anyone more than a little nuts, what with the tattoo and all – but Nina Oberon’s life has taken a definite turn for the worse. Her mother is brutally stabbed and left for dead. Before dying, she entrusts a secret book to Nina, telling her to deliver it to Nina's father.

But, first Nina has to find him; since for fifteen years he's been officially dead. Complications arise when she rescues Sal, a mysterious, and ultra hot guy. He seems to like Nina, but also seems to know more about her father than he’s letting on. Then there’s that murderous ex-government agent who’s stalking her, and just happens to be her little sister’s dad.


So what books can't you wait for? What's your pick this week?

3 comments:

  1. I also can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find out about up coming publications?? I never know about anything until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another dystopian! This one is on my debut author challenge list too. I can't wait to get a hold of it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.