Thursday, 6 January 2011

Favourite Covers: Pretty Dresses

So I know we're not supposed to judge books by their covers but I just can't help myself! My laptop is full of folders of pretty covers so I've decided to post a few of my favourites up - the theme for this post is 'pretty dresses'.

Anyone who knows me knows I wear nothing apart from skirts and dresses. Trousers... Jeans ... No. I don't even own a pair of trousers - dresses all the way, please! So I thought I'd extend my little dress obsession to this blog and showcase my favourite covers that feature beautiful dresses. I haven't read all of these books so they've been chosen purely for their aesthetic value because I'm shallow like that. So, feast your eyes!

My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent

Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress - Tina Ferraro

A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray

So Shelly - Ty Roth

Luxe - Anna Godbersen

Threads - Sophia Bennett

Unearthly - Cynthia Hand

Solace of the Road - Siobhan Dowd (Okay, I just bought this book based 100% on the cover. Oops)

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove - Lauren Kate (continuing the 'pretty dress' theme from the Fallen series, yay!)

So which one of these is your favourite? I think mine is Solace of the Road or So Shelly, both brilliant!

4 comments:

  1. So Shelly is a great cover, as well as Unearthly. I just love all the covers coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wouldn't give for that Luxe dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Solace of the Road and The Luxe (though my favorite out of that series of covers is the one for Envy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of these, I really love The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove and Unearthly.

    I've always loved the black dress on the cover of Fallen by Lauren Kate :)

    Nice variety. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.