Monday, 17 January 2011

News: 10th - 16th January 2011

Hi everyone!

On my travels around the blogosphere last week I found a couple of fantastic blog posts that I really want to share with you in case you didn't get a chance to read them.

The first one comes from the brilliant blog Ten Cent Notes and I agree with basically everything in the post. It's titled 'Why I Love Contemporary' and talks about why this reader loves contemporary fiction. It's wonderfully written and really helped me remember why contemporary YA is my favourite genre.

Click here to read the post in full and please do read it if you have a spare moment - it's a great post!

Secondly, I know a lot of you have already read this but I saw it retweeted on Twitter today and felt I had to share it. There's been a lot of talk this week on the blogs and Twitter about the illegal downloading of books and I think this article is so infortmative and really quite shocking. I wish those who do illegal download books would read it as I honestly think it would change their mind about file sharing.

A lot of people have no idea just how damanging torrenting can be to a writer's (or any artist's) career so it was really interesting to hear about the hard facts and figures. I think this is an important article and it's definitely something you should try to take the time to read.

Click here to read the post in full.

So, what do you guys think about these two posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.