Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Revisiting Waiting on Wednesday: Choker – Elizabeth Woods

So I've decided to start up a feature where I look back at my past Waiting on Wednesday posts and catch up on what books I was looking forward to last year and what I thought of them once I did read and review them. Some of my Waiting on Wednesday picks have become firm favourites of mine but, looking back, there are a few that didn't quite live up to the hype.

This week I'm looking at Choker by Elizabeth Woods.

When I posted: November 3rd 2010

What I was looking forward to: "Mysterious, right? I can hardly find any information about this one on the Internet and only a couple of very brief reviews. That said, I'm absolutely fascinated by it. And look at that cover, seriously! Completely gorgeous. I'm so intrigued, I cannot wait for this one!"

What I actually thought: "Choker is absolutely brilliant, second to none. Hands down it’s my favourite book I’ve read in the last year and it’s definitely made it into my top ten of all time. Yes, that’s how great it is. From page one I was addicted. I read it in one sitting and could not stop turning the pages. When I finished I sat my boyfriend down and ranted for at least fifteen minutes about how amazing it was, I told my nan (an avid reader) she *had* to read it."

Did it live up to my expectations?: Absolutely!


So there you have it! What about you guys? Do you normally end up enjoying your Waiting on Wednesday picks when you get to read them?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this is a good feature! I'm looking forward to the ones that didn't live up to the hype :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.