Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Revisiting Waiting on Wednesday: The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade

So I've decided to start up a feature where I look back at my past Waiting on Wednesday posts and catch up on what books I was looking forward to last year and what I thought of them once I did read and review them. Some of my Waiting on Wednesday picks have become firm favourites of mine but, looking back, there are a few that didn't quite live up to the hype.

This week I'm looking at The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

When I posted: June 23rd 2010

What I was looking forward to: I thought The Ghost and the Goth was going to be a fresh take on paranormal romances. I was sure it was going to be fun and light-hearted and not like anything I'd read before.

What I actually thought: "The Ghost and the Goth chugs along at an easy pace but I did find things dragged slightly towards the end of the book so cutting down a couple of the chapters as the book drew to a close would have improved things I think. The ending was a little bit clich├ęd for me, I’m afraid but then that’s probably because I’m not a fan of every tiny loose end being tied up with a nice old bow."

Did it live up to my expectations?: No, unfortunately it didn't. While I quite enjoyed The Ghost and the Goth it definitely wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be and I did find it a little boring in places.


So there you have it! What about you guys? Do you normally end up enjoying your Waiting on Wednesday picks when you get to read them?

2 comments:

  1. Carly - what a truly brilliant idea - I hope it encourages other people to do the same.
    Sorry it didnt live up to your expectations. I still have it on my wishlist LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN! I've never seen anyone do this, but I really hope more people do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.