Thursday, 20 January 2011

Video Review: The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney

Hi everyone! Well, this is my first ever video review. I'm sorry for the RUBBISH editing and that I cut half my head off for most of the video but I am the world's worst camera woman... I'll get better, I promise.

So, yes, this is the first time I've actually recorded myself talking about a bit so I know it's a bit awkward and 'ummm'-y but I want to start doing more videos and I have to start somewhere!

Today I'm talking about The Iron Witch by the lovely Kaz Mahoney, I really loved it and it's a 2011 debut so I thought it was the perfect candidate for my first video.

Anyway, enjoy - and sorry for talking so fast and saying 'umm' and 'like' a ridiculous amount of times...



So, two questions: What did you guys think about The Iron Witch and, second, do you guys ever vlog?

7 comments:

  1. From viewing the vlog, I think you did great. Wish YouTube would get on the ball and provide a captioning device that actually transcribes the dialog in the vlog instead of something entirely different (strange but true).

    Have I vlogged? I would but I can't hear myself, so I would worry about what I sounded like. Honestly, I don't even like getting my picture taken (I'm pleading it's an Indian thing and the camera steals your soul *winks*). (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your hair! And necklace! And make-up! :)

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so pretty and you sound so posh darling :D
    Terrific review I cannot believe Kaz is making us wait that long for the sequels *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlyyy!!! Great Vlog :)
    And I really agree with your review, I loved the book!!
    I've never vlogged though I am thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant! And you're gorgeous! I completely agree with you about the book, too.
    Loved watching this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Carly. What an excellent job you did with this. That's your first vlog, did you see? Really well done. I'm too scared to vlog, I think I would get really flustered and nothing would come out as sounding anywhere near as put together as your vlog was. I admit, at first, I was a little distracted by your books behind you. And I had to giggle at your editing! The Iron Witch sounds incredible, and I can't wait to read it.

    Almost, not related, but when you said you'd be able to pick Xan out of a line-up of other heroes in novels my imagination ran away with me and I was trying to work out WHY there'd be a line-up of YA romantic heroes, what crime had been committed and who the usual suspects would me. And now I'm having a right laugh thinking of this.. HILARIOUS.

    Really though, I'm in awe of you and anyone who can vlog. Hurrah to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm impressed (and even more so considering it was your first). There's no way I could do one - I'd be a nervous wreck lol.

    Anyhoo, fab review and I absolutely can't wait to read the Iron Witch :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.