Sunday, 6 February 2011

Event Report: 'Entangled' Launch Party!

So a couple of weeks ago I trekked up to London for five days of exciting publisher and writer events, the first of which was Cat Clarke's launch party for the fabulous Entangled on January 20th.


I met Sarah (Feeling Fictional) and Liz (My Favourite Books) beforehand and we went for a cuppa, then headed up to Daunt's books, where the event was being held.

After having a glass of wine and meeting some of the Quercus team we saw a few other lovely bloggers (and some NEW faces, which was very exciting): Caroline (Portrait of a Woman), Lauren (I was a Teenage Book Geek), Sya (The Mountains of Instead) and Andy (The Emancipation of the Pewter Wolf). All very lovely and you should check out ALL of their blogs because they rock.

(Andy, Sya, Lauren and me - with my spammy fringe of rage)

The gorgeous Kaz Mahoney was also there and it was her launch day so that was a bit exciting! Oh, and Tamsyn Murray. FAMOUS FACES APLENTY.

It was a really lovely night and so nice to all be there to celebrate Cat's gorgeous book. I remember when I first met Cat last year and I've followed her writing journey ever since so it was really lovely to be there at the launch party.

(Cat signing)

Oh, and there were cupcakes. What more could you ask for?


Also, here are accounts written by some of the others in attendance:

Cat's write up
Sarah's write up
Andy's write up
Quercus' write up

(Me with cupcakes, hooray)

*

Note: ALL of the photos used in this entry have been ruthlessly stolen from Sarah at Feeling Fictional. Her camera is fab and makes my iPhone sad.

6 comments:

  1. JELOUS! Looks like you had more fun on my birthday than i did! I can't wait to get a copy of Entangled! :)

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fab time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun!

    But .... "spammy fringe of rage"?! Ah bless you - you're hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! And I LOVE your bow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want a cupcake!!
    LOL, it sounds like it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.