Saturday, 12 February 2011

News: The Hunger Games movie release date, Unearthly book two and Hush Hush book three!

Hi all! I've got some exciting bits of news to share today - though I am a bit behind with posting this up so by now it's kind of old news. But still, it's all exciting nonetheless!

Firstly, they've finally set a date for the release of the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games! It's due out March 23rd 2012, which I know sounds ridiculously far away but really it's just over a year. And they haven't started filming. Or casting. Are they really going to get it done in a year or do you think this date will end up getting pushed back a bit? We'll see! For the full story head over here to find out more.


Next we're moving away from films and back to books, where Cynthia Hand recently released the title for the second book in the Unearthly series. It's going to be called... Hallowed. I love it. I think it suits the tone of the series perfectly so I cannot wait for that one! For more information click here to visit Cynthia's blog where she talks more about the title and the reasoning behind it.


Finally, we move across to Becca Fitzpatrick, who announced a few days ago that she's changed the title of the third book in the Hush Hush series. It's not longer going to be called Tempest but instead, Silence. There's a brilliant write up here that explains her thought process behind the title so do check that out if you're a fan (though that site is crazy to navigate). Personally, I think Silence is perfect and I can't wait to get my hands on the book when it comes out in October this year. October! So far away :(.


*

Well that's all today my dears - which piece of news are you most excited about? Hunger Games, Hunger Games!

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of funny - that they've set a release date, but don't have a cast yet. :) I am still excited, though!

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Suzanne Collins writing the script? I haven't read the books yet, but I need to soon! :-) "Silence" is a great title and I'm dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.