Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Revisiting Waiting on Wednesday: The Radleys - Matt Haig

So I've decided to start up a feature where I look back at my past Waiting on Wednesday posts and catch up on what books I was looking forward to last year and what I thought of them once I did read and review them. Some of my Waiting on Wednesday picks have become firm favourites of mine but, looking back, there are a few that didn't quite live up to the hype.

This week I'm looking at The Radleys by Matt Haig.

When I posted: June 9th 2010

What I was looking forward to: "I really can't wait for this one - I've been promised it's not your typical vampire story and everything I've heard about it so far sounds great."

What I actually thought: "Now, I’ve had quite a few vampire-related grumbles recently and have whined quite a bit about how the vampire trend of late has made me sad in many ways. Luckily, Matt Haig’s brilliantly British vampire novel The Radleys has restored my faith in the genre, hurrah!"

Did it live up to my expectations?: Yes, it did. I thoroughly enjoyed The Radleys - another sucessful pick!


So there you have it! What about you guys? Do you normally end up enjoying your Waiting on Wednesday picks when you get to read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.