Sunday, 6 March 2011

My foray into the business world!

So as it's Sunday usually I would post an In My Mailbox right about now but instead I'm wanted to tell you a little bit about my exciting news (IMM will be back next week).

I'm starting a business!

Well, not on my own. Me and my boyfriend's sister have been talking about it for a little while so we've decided to go for it. We're going to be making jewellery, hair accessories, pillows/cushions and lots of other pretty little bits. I've been making my own jewellery for a while and I've always wanted to run my own business so it's all very exciting!

Yesterday we visited a local vintage fair and picked up loads of stock for one off vintage pieces and we're just in the process of drawing up some designs and ordering in some stock to get started with. We're hoping to launch Petite Boutique (that's our name!) in April-ish so keep your eyes peeled for more information!

We'll be selling from our own website, then feature pieces on Etsy/Folksy etc to get started. My lovely boyfriend is setting up our website and handling all the technical business, leaving us to get on with sticking roses and pearls on every available service.

So what with getting my novel ready to be sent off and starting up a business (along with holding down a day job, looking after the puppy and trying to maintain some sort of social life) I may not be posting as much as usual. Looking back over 2011 so far I've been posting twice or three times a day - there's no way I can keep that up so I'll be dropping back to 5-7 posts a week, hopefully that'll leave me more time for visiting on other blogs as well!

Anyway, I'll leave you wish a couple of pictures of the bits and bobs we picked up yesterday - fingers crossed it all goes well!




9 comments:

  1. Oh good luck Carly. What a wonderful idea.I hope it all goes well for you and I will definitely be visiting your Etsy site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is wonderful. Wishing you loads and loads of sales. Good Luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fantastic Carly! Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations, I've always been one to love pieces like these but have never had enough creativity and patience to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I so didn't know you made jewellery. I LOVE Jewellery and I started making stuff over a year ago but had to drop it due to time constraints :( I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your creations, do keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Carly! I make jewellery myself every now and again, and thought about trying to sell my stuff, but I don't create anything all that often, and I can't just make something, I need to have an idea. So it wouldn't really work for me. But I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! That sounds like a fab idea - I wish you lots and lots of sales :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Please show us some things you made! Loving seeing new things that I can buy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea, keep us updated on new pieces and things, I will for sure be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for much success to you, Carly. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.