Saturday, 5 March 2011

So, I finished my novel

Well, some of you may have noticed that I scheduled this post to go up earlier but didn't actually write it so forgive the big 'TO DO' scrawled in the title earlier in the day!

Anyway, I finished my novel! Hooray! At long last I found a project I wanted to stick with and I'm so excited to finally be finished on something I genuinely believe in. I started writing The Seven Gates of Hell in November '10 for NaNoWriMo. I hit 50k after twenty six days but then put the novel aside for a little while to get fresh perspective on it. I picked it up again part way through February and last week finally wrapped things up. At the moment it stands at 63k but I know there's at least 10k I want to add in during the rewrites.

I won't say too much about the plot obviously but it's based slightly on an urban legend a friend told me a few years ago while I was at college. At the time I told him I'd write a novel about it one day but it wasn't until last year that I actually decided to write the story. It was a relatively painless experience to be honest and I definitely found it so much easier than other novels I've tried. I'm ridiculously excited to get cracking with the rewrites and get it ready to be sent off to agents!

I'm hoping to send it off around August/September-ish so fingers crossed I'll stay on track and have things ready for then - wish me luck and thanks so much for all of your support, it's really helped me stay motivated. You're all absolutely brilliant. BIG hugs.

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Yay when do we get to read it :D Congratualtions :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I am so impressed. Or is that To Do meaning that you haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!!! I just love it when that happens, don't you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Carly! That's amazing. I'm so pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Carly! That's fanastic! Hopefully soon after your re-writes you'll get a publishing deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Carly! What a massive achievement :o) I can't wait to read it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. NaNoWriMo really helps to get the writing juices going. I best get on with my third draft then so I can send mine out too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Carly! Looking forward to reviewing your book in the future! Save an ARC for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, you star! It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! *high fives to my nanowrimo writing buddy*. You've definitely beaten me but I've been thinking lately of picking my novel back up. Actually I'm itching to write a new one (I have an idea) but don't know whether to save that for nano this year or not. WELL DONE, am very proud of you and I can't wait to read it. If you need a beta, you know where I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Congratulations - from the title alone it sounds fab :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing news, congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on this marvellous news! Can't wait to buy my copy. Hope you'll be a guest at Madame Perry's Salon dot blogspot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.