Saturday, 30 April 2011

News: Trash film and Warm Bodies cast announced!


So it seems as though there's an announcement every other day that a YA novel is going to be adapted into a film! The Hunger Games, 13 Reasons Why, If I stay etc etc, there are tonnes of them. Well today I've got news about two more novels that are set to hit the big screen and I'm really excited about both, I just hope they do them justice!

Firstly - Trash (by the lovely Andy Mulligan) is going to be a film! Awesome news, I think this could be absolutely brilliant! Richard Curtis (director of... well, everything!) and Stephen Daldry (director of Billy Elliot) are set to work on the film and I'm sure they'll do a good job. There's a load of info on the project here so do have a read and let me know what you think about a film version of Trash.


Finally - I've got some more details about the upcoming Warm Bodies film, which I know so many people can't wait for. I haven't actually read Warm Bodies yet but there's a copy on my shelf so I'm very tempted to pick it up soon.

Nicholas Hault and Teresa Palmer are rumoured to have been cast for the film - I really like Nicholas Hault and I'm sure he'll be great and, although I haven't seen Teresa Palmer in anything, I'd heard good things about her. Jonathan Levine is set to direct and write the film (co-writing with the author, Isaac Marion) and it seems as though the project's ticking along nicely!


Exciting stuff - I think it's great so many YA titles are being picked up to be adapted into films. We're going to be spoilt for choice in 2012, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. A super exciting year coming up for sure! Hopefully the film makers will do the books justice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.