Saturday, 14 May 2011

Cover Reveal: The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater

So as you may (or may not) have seen the US cover of The Scorpio Races by the fab Maggie Stiefvater hit the Internet last night.

What do you think? I actually really like it, it's different to her usual covers but it sounds as though The Scorpio Races is a bit out of the ordinary too so it seems a perfect fit. Very pretty :). If you haven't heard about The Scorpio Races yet then check out the (brief) summary below the picture.


Summary (from Goodreads): With her trademark lyricism, Maggie Stiefvater turns to a new world, where a pair are swept up in a daring, dangerous race across a cliff--with more than just their lives at stake should they lose.

*

So, tell me what you think! Are you excited for this one?

4 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this book! It looks really good though! I kind of hope it isn't paranormal. I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing so I'm sure I will love this. Must add to my TBR list right away. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. It doesn't look very typically YA to me -- it looks more like a thriller for adults. But I do like the silhouette, and it does give me the slightest sense that the rider is young. I'll be interested to learn more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rachel, it does look more like an Adult book than YA! But I absolutely LOVED Shiver and Linger by Stiefvater, so I'll definitely be checking this one out :)
    - Alyssa of Redhead Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has made it's way to the top shelf of my bookcase. I only put my absolute favorites on the top shelf.
    The Scorpio Races has amazing lessons, depth, passion, and emotion. I got a lot of my favorite quotes from this book. I love how it's not just another cheesy, overdone, girl-and-her-horse story. It has a dark side, with man-eating horses who are fighting to get back into the sea.
    Love love love!
    Highly recommended site for Alaska Bear Viewing Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.