Friday, 27 May 2011

Favourite Covers: Double Takes

So I know we're not supposed to judge books by their covers but I just can't help myself! My laptop is full of folders of pretty covers so I've decided to post a few of my favourites up - the theme for this post is double takes (covers that feature the same image or model)!



Dirty Laundry - Daniel Ehrenhaft
Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers (my favourite)
Leap of Faith - Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
(Not exactly the same but very similar)


The Laughing Corpse - Laurell K. Hamilton
Parasite Positive - Scott Westerfeld (my favourite)


Return to Paradise - Simone Elkeles (my favourite)
Reaching Through Time - Lurlene McDaniel


Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma
The Dark and Hollow Places - Carrie Ryan (my favourite)



Evermore - Alyson Noel
North of Beautiful - Justina Chen Headley
Selina Penaluna - Jan Page (my favourite)


The Mermaid's Mirror - L.K. Madison
Dreaming of Amelia - Jaclyn Moriarty (my favourite)


The First Desire - Nancy Reisman
Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz (my favourite)


The Dark Divine - Bree Despain (my favourite)
No Humans Involved - Kelley Armstrong


Driftwood Summer - Patti Callahan Henry
No-One You Know - Michelle Richmond (my favourite)


Cum Laude - Cecily von Ziegesar
If I Stay - Gayle Forman (my favourite)

*

So, that's it for this week - what do you think? Which is your favourite?

8 comments:

  1. On the one hand, it's a shame that so many images are reused. On the other hand, it's amazing how different each cover can look while having the same base!

    No faves for the people ones, really, but we like the DARK DIVINE and both the FORBIDDEN and THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES covers best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love finding things like these! One I spotted recently was Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist! So fun, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how, even when the image is the same, the feel of the covers is different.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Ive never noticed this before! that's crazy! I didnt realise so many covers were re-used. I should have done because they are probably public library use pictures (we use those at work and so many are of the same people in different positions!)
    My fave has to be the Dark Devine ones and the Parasite ones! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how many share the same photo or concept. But I guess they portray them in different was which is nice. Guess the stock photographer is making money if a bunch of books jump and pick their photo to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love this feature. Some look as if they even have the same people in :D
    Pretty covers pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it really interesting when this stuff happens. Like the first commenter said it's amazing to see how different the same picture can look with different colours and tones and fonts. I'm fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The woman on "Evermore", "North of Beautiful", and "Selina Penaluna" can also be seen, with her eyes open for a change, on the cover of "Say The Word" by Jeannine Garsee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.