Monday, 11 July 2011

Event Report: Random House Blogger Brunch!


So ridiculously early on Saturday morning I trotted off to London for my fourth blogger brunch at Random House.

I just want to give a big shout out to all of the lovely girls at Random House - they were one of the first publishers to ever get in touch while I was a fledgling blogger and have always been such a brilliant bunch to deal with. I've been to so many events that they've hosted and they're always so friendly and enthusastic - and well dressed! I always leave the offices with serious dress envy.

So, yes, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody at Random House for always being so good to me - you guys absolutely rock!

But I digress.


After Oyster card drama I finally met up with the others and we headed to the Random House offices. After tea and brekkie we were given a preview of some of the exciting new rleases that Random House will be spoiling us with over the coming year.


Let me tell you - there are some AWESOME titles coming up, including:

- Bumped by Megan McCafferty (fertilicious, bitches)
- Kiss, Date, Love, Hate by Luisa Plaja, the nicest lady in YA (Feb 2012)
- Desert Angel by Charlie Price (Feb 2012)
- The Wood Queen by the very lovely Karen Mahoney (Feb 2012)
- Now Is the Time for Running by Michael Williams (Now Is the Time for Kleenex apparnetly!)
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (July 2012)
- This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel (October 2011. It's a Frankenstein prequel set to be adapted for the big screen
- Sea Hearts - Margo Lanagan (April 2012. I already know I'll adore this book)
- Dearly Departed - Lia Habel (September 2011. Can zombies be sexy? We'll see!)
- The Haunting of Charity Delafield by Ian Beck (This one sounds fantastic!)
- Starters by Lissa Price (April 2012. This one has a beautiful cover and makes me think of a mash up of Unwind (Neal Shusterman) and the movie Surrogates)


We were also given a couple of exlusive bits of news that I'm not allowed to reveal yet. Though, all I can say is - ahhh, 2012 is going to be a fantastic year!

(Me (red faced with glee) with Lindsey Barraclough)

With the presentation done and dusted we had the opportunity to get our books signed by Lindsey Barraclough (Long Lankin) and Andy Mulligan (Trash). This was insanely exciting for me as Trash was one of my favourite books of 2012 and, well, I think you all know how much I adore Long Lankin. I'm actually going to do a separate post about meeting Lindsey as I have a lot to say. Seriously, my adoration for her reaches Patrick Ness proportions.

And I love me some Patrick Ness.


Books signed, photos taken and cake eaten it was sadly time to say goodbye to Random House. However, our farewell was followed by pubs, pie and Pimms, which is always a good combination.


I always love the time I get to spend with my blogger friends - you are all brilliant and I just wish the time didn't fly by so fast.

(Me and Andy Mulligan)

So that was the RHCB blogger brunch 2011 - thanks again, ladies, especially for giving up your Saturday to shower us with books!


Shamelessly stealing this idea from the lovely Sarah over at Feeling Fictional, the bloggers present at the event (and aftermath) were:

- Sarah - Feeling Fictional
- Sammee - I Want to Read That
- Hannah - My Book Journey
- Viv - Serendipity Reviews
- Dwayne - Girls Without a Bookshelf
- Jenny - Wondrous Reads
- Darren - Book Zone for Boys
- Lynsey - Narratively Speaking
- Caroline - Portrait of a Woman
- Mark and Liz - My Favourite Books
- Kirsty - The Overflowing Library

(Bloggers with names, in case you weren't sure who was who)

Note: All event photos have been pilfered from Sarah at Feeling Fictional. All book covers are from Goodreads)

4 comments:

  1. What fun for you all! I went to a RH tea at BEA and they were fabulous hosts. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looks like great fun and some great books. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time and theres some awesome books on their way out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing time! And got some good books :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.