Sunday, 23 October 2011

Cover Reveal: Until I Die - Amy Plum

So as you may have seen the cover of Until I Die by Amy Plum has just been released - if you head over to Amy's blog you can find details of how to win an ARC of the book, a lonnnng time before the release date. Get going!

What do you think of it? I like it, I'm not crazy about it and I don't think it would necessarily grab me in a book shop...but then again I'm not the target audience for the series so I wouldn't really go for any book with this kind of cover. However, I do think it fits in really well with the cover for Die for Me and branding is so important. Also, I think it holds up very nicely against covers for other books in the genre so it's all good.

So without further ado, here it is:


Thoughts? And for anyone who's read book one already - based on my post yesterday, should I give it a go or not?

5 comments:

  1. I quite liked Die for me - it isn't a zombie book at all, they characters just come back to life when they've died hence the kind of zombie connection. But it's a very loose connection.

    I don't overly like this new cover - I think it's pretty but I don't think it fits all that well with the last book. And maybe dare I say it but there are just too many swirls!

    I'd say give the first one a read, but in my opinion it was good but nothing really original or special. A very typical paranormal YA that is very much inspired by Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Jules - I enjoyed DIE FOR ME - and the zombie connection really isn't justified, and probably doesn't help to encourage prospective readers!

    I'm not overly keen on this cover - I like that it's in keeping with the first book, but I agree that there are a few too many swirls! I like the change of colour though.

    Although Plum is on record as saying that she was inspired to write after reading Twilight, I really didn't find anything more in common with Meyer's work, than in any other current paranormal YA novels. (Ok, so that may not be saying a whole lot...)

    I'm looking forward to reading the second instalment personally. The first one had a great setting, interesting characters, and lots of possibilities for future adventures. Plum has lived in Paris (and although American, lives in France now) and so wrote the setting beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! Not sure whether I'd read the book, but I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, Louis - thanks for that, I think I will give Die for Me a go at some point as I have heard good things about it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not yet read the first, but definitely want to. I think both covers are GORGEOUS. I love this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.