Saturday, 26 November 2011

Debut Author Challenge 2012

It's that time of year again - I'm signing up for The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge! I'm making the DAC the only challenge I'm going to sign up for for 2012. I know it's going to be a busy year so I really want to focus on kicking ass in this challenge. I read so many wonderful debuts this year and I'm really excited to get cracking on the stack of 2012 debuts I already have lined up.


In case any of you haven't entered a Debut Author Challenge before or haven't come across this one yet here's some more information taken from The Story Siren:

CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE:
  • To read & review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 – January 31, 2013.*

*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.

RULES & GUIDELINES:

  • You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads.
  • Your blog must be written in English.
  • Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.

BOOK GUIDELINES:

  • Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
  • Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
  • If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
  • If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
There are a ridiculous amount of debuts I want to try and read next year but this is my list for now, I'll add to it as I buy or receive more books throughout the year:

  1. 172 Hours on the Moon - Johan Harstad
  2. Fracture - Megan Miranda
  3. Mortal Chaos - Matt Dickinson
  4. Night School - C.J. Daughtery
  5. Someone Else's Life - Katie Dale
  6. Tempest - Julie Cross
  7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
  8. the Weight of Water - Sarah Crossan
  9. The Witch of Turlingham Academy - Ellie Bosworth
  10. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
  11. The Other Life - Susanne Winnacker
  12. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
  13. Never Eighteen - Megan Bostic
  14. The Catastrophic History of You and Me - Jess Rothenberg
  15. Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters - Meredith Zeitlin
  16. Katana - Cole Gibsen
  17. Croak - Gina Damico
  18. A Breath of Eyre - Eve Marie Mont
  19. Hollow Pike - James Dawson
  20. Oliver Twisted - JD Sharpe
  21. Starters - Lissa Price
  22. Struck - Jennifer Bosworth
  23. Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
  24. Vixen - Jillian Larkin
I think twenty four is a good number to start with; it works out as two per month which is completely doable. I'd love to hit fifty by the end of the challenge but we'll see...

If you want to sign up for the challenge or just learn a bit more about it head over to Kristi's blog here. If you're only going to sign up for one reading challenge in 2012 I really do recommend this one; it's always lots of fun and I guarantee you'll stumble across some truly brilliant books!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.