Friday, 4 November 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: Days Two - Four

So I just wanted to post a little catch up to let you guys know where I've been for the last few days and how I've been getting on with my NaNoWriMo project. I'm at 6700 words at the moment, which is just about what I should be at.

NaNo day 2: Wrote 1700 words by hand in a coffee shop in Bath. Worked out a few kinks in the plot. Celebrated by binge drinking cocktails as it was mojito Wednesday at my favourite bar. Favourite bar, favourite drink - rude not to.

NaNo day 3: Thursday was spent being smug about not being hungover, apologising for various drunk texts that were sent and napping. Thursday evening was spent typing up Wednesday's words and having a very lovely dinner cooked for me and the boyfriend by some uni pals. Well needed rest day.

NaNo day 4: Today I am getting my ass in gear. I've been so busy this week that I've barely had a minute to myself to sit down and do any writing. It's been lovely catching up with everyone but I really like a need a bit of down time to curl up with my laptop and bash out a few chapters. I'm not doing anything for the rest of today so my plan is to get to 10,000 words.

NaNo days 5 and 6: This weekend I'm venturing to the NORTH for a family party to celebrate my cousin turning 30. She lives in a little village just outside Leeds and it is MILES away from Bath. Not looking forward to spending four+ hours in the car on Saturday and Sunday but it'll be awesome to see everyone.

My boyfriend's staying at home to look after the dogs so I've got a hotel room to myself on Saturday night. Win. I'm taking my laptop with me and the plan is to write a couple of thousand words once I get back from the party. We'll see... Perhaps they will be tipsy words. I think a bit of drunk writing is exactly what this project needs.

I'm due back in Bath by mid-afternoon on Sunday so I should be able to get my 2000 words done, no problem. I would really, desperately like to spend Sunday doing nothing except recuperating, watching crappy TV and painting my nails but, alas, I have words to write and reviews to schedule and about a million emails to respond to.

Target for end of week one: 14,000 words


Plan for week two:

Monday (day 7): Free as a bird, words will be written - hopefully 2500 of them

Tuesday (day 8): I have a personal training session so my evening will be taken up with sit ups and press ups and squats and lunges and general perspiring. I'm planning for 1500 words just to keep me on track.

Wednesday (day 9): Night out in Bristol with the boyfriend to see one of my favvvvourite bands ever, The Naked and Famous. I'm beyond excited. I love them a lot and they provide the theme tune to Reckless (novel number two) so it's always a joy to see them live. I'm not going to lie, I doubt I'll be able to do any writing so I'm not scheduling anything in for this day!
Thursday (day 10): Another personal training session - more jack knifes and stretching and entry to a world of pain. My plan is to work my ass off in my spare couple of hours and get 3000 words done to make up for being out on Wednesday

Friday (day 11): Aaaand breathe. I have Friday afternoon and evening and then the WHOLE weekend gloriously free for blogging and writing. This is going to be the first time in months I've had three whole evenings to myself and I intend to make the most of it. I'll be writing and reading and editing and running like the wind. I'm also planning on staying in my pyjamas at all times. My goal for today is another 3000 words.

Saturday (day 12): Between blogging and reviewing and relaxing I'm really, really hoping to knuckle done and write 4000 words.

Sunday (day 13): Like Saturday, I really want to make the most of having a whole day to myself and write as much as possible. I'm aiming for 4000; I'd love to try for more but I've got a ridiculous amount of emails to deal with. Sad face.

Target for end of week two: 32,000 words (not putting pressure on myself or anything)

So there you have it - fingers crossed I'll stick to my schedule and stay on track. Do you give yourself a schedule to stick to or do you just write as and when you can?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Carly, I hope you manage to hit your targets :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I hope you reach your targets too. Next weekend isn't looking good for me! Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a writer sees a hotel room to themselves as a "win"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! And I hope you have/had fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.