Monday, 7 November 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: Soundtrack (Hey, Soul Sister - Train)

I think I have probably played Hey, Soul Sister at least twenty times a day, every single day this year. I kid you not. Seriously. I have got it bad for this song and my love for it is NOT waning. I play it when I'm happy, I play it when I'm sad, I play it in the shower, when I'm driving, when I'm cleaning, when I'm cooking. Literally, all frigging day long.

And I absolutely CANNOT be unhappy while this song is playing. Neither can you. No one can. If you're having a shit day or feel a bit down in the dumps put Hey, Soul Sister on. I 100% guarantee you will be dancing by the end of it. Put it on now, do it! Click the video at the bottom of this post, turn the volume up and dance around. This is the kind of song that, when I sing it, I'm not in my bedroom singing into my hairbrush, I'm performing at the bloody final of X Factor and I'm kicking ass.

I've been posting up a few moody, serious songs over the last few days that are on my playlist for Under the Influence so I thought this would balance it out nicely. My main goal for this year's NaNoWriMo novel is to keep it 100% light hearted and fun at all times. Hey, Soul Sister is the perfect song to sum up the tone of my novel and the love story, which is the central theme because, really, all you need is love, right? Right.



Inspiring lyrics: I can be myself now finally
In fact, there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.