Monday, 19 December 2011

The Twelve Day of Christmas: 6 favourite characters of 2011

Good morning everybody! I'm here today with a list of my six favourite characters from books released in 2011, as day seven of my Twelve Days of Christmas feature. As always, feel free to join in - just let me know so I can give you a shout out!

1. Auntie Ida (Long Lankin - Lindsey Barraclough)

For being one of the most beautifully crafted and humanly flawed characters I've come across this year


2. The Eck (There is No Dog - Meg Rosoff)

For being comedy gold without speaking a word


3. Four (Divergent - Veronica Roth)

For being a genuine hottie, rather than an 'I've known you for five minutes and I'm passive aggressively abusive' love interest


4. Natalie Hargrove (The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove - Lauren Kate)

For being a bitch and absolutely rocking it


5. Ronnie (Being Billy - Phil Earle)

For unexpectedly making me cry a whole damn lot


6. Zoe (Choker - Elizabeth Woods)

For being wonderfully evil and seriously creeping me out


*

Tell me, who are your favourite characters of 2011?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I absolutely loved Four. Just seeing his name on your list makes me want to read Divergent again. A favourite character of mine (not a new release, but a book I read for the first time this year), has got to be Lennie from The Sky is Everywhere. She's just such a beautifully, flawed, grieving and heartbreaking soul, that every time I open that book, I feel like jumping right in to hug her. Love your 12 days of Christmas feature Carly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Eck and Four, too. I didn't like Natalie at all, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still haven't read any of this books, although I really should read Divergent ;) One of my favourite characters this year was Cassel from Holly Black's Curse Workers series, although there are others, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe really creeped me out too! I loved that book so much because of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronnie and Billy's relationship made me BAWL uncontrollably. If I were making a list of my favourite characters, he would definitely make my list too. As would Four! (for obviously different reasons that Ronnie)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.