Sunday, 18 December 2011

The Twelve Day of Christmas: 7 writers I read for the first time in 2011

Good morning everybody! I'm here today with a list of seven writers I read for the first time in 2011, as day six of my Twelve Days of Christmas feature. As always, feel free to join in - just let me know so I can give you a shout out!

I can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading the following writers, the book(s) in brackets is/are the titles of theirs that I read this year.


1. Marcus Sedgwick (Midwinterblood)


2. Elizabeth Scott (Love You, Hate You, Miss You)


3. Patrick Ness (Chaos Walking trilogy and A Monster Calls)


4. Megan McCafferty (Bumped)


5. David Levithan (Love is the Higher Law)


6. Susan Hill (The Woman in Black)


7. Morris Gleitzman (Grace)


*

Which writers did you read for the first time in 2011? Did you enjoy their books or not?

3 comments:

  1. Bumped was my introduction to Megan McCafferty as well - I really need to get my hands on the Jessica Darling books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott when I read it last year & I also tried for the first time this year David Levithan, too. I still can't believe that I haven't read anything from Marcus Sedgwick. Other authors that I heard that are great I tried this year are: Jeaniene Frost, Stephanie Perkins, Richelle Mead, Julie Kagawa, John Connolly, Lauren Oliver, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Stephen King, Isaac Asimov, Nora Roberts, Eloisa James, Holly Black, Brandon Mull, Karen Rose, Lisa McMann...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love finding new authors. I keep track of how many new-to-me authors I read in a year (68 for 2011) but really, I should note the names down too, because I can't really remember them otherwise. I adore Elizabeth Scott, I hope you continue to read her books! And yay for Patrick Ness too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.