As well all know, writers are our rock stars so here is a (very non-exhaustive) list of some of the writers I was most excited to meet in 2011.
1. Phil Earle (Being Billy)
2. Sarra Manning (Diary of a Crush and so many other books that never fail to remind me why art boys are the best kind)
3. Lindsey Barraclough (Long Lankin)
4. Sophia Bennett (the Threads series)
5. Meg Rosoff (How I Live Now, There is No Dog and lots of other books that have made me cry)
6. David Almond (Skellig, The True Tale of the Monster Billy Dean and approximately one million other beautiful books)
7. Melvin Burgess (Junk, Sara's Face and a tonne of other books that never fail to inspire me)
8. Alyxandra Harvey (The Drake Chronicles and Haunting Violet)
9. Dave Cousins (15 Days Without a Head)
10. Marcus Sedgwick (Midwinterblood, White Crow, Revolver... I could go on for a while)
Which writers did you get to meet in 2011? Are there any writers in particular you want to meet in 2012?