Tuesday, 13 December 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas: 12 Favourite Books of 2011

So for the first installment of my Twelve Days of Christmas feature I'm going to be talking about my 12 favourite 2011 releases that I read this year. Without further ado, onto the list (click the title to go to my review):

1. Long Lankin - Lindsey Barraclough


2. Choker - Elizabeth Wood


3. Midwinterblood - Marcus Sedgwick


4. Bumped - Megan McCafferty


5. The True Tale of the Monster Billy Dean - David Almond


6. Wither - Lauren DeStefano


7. Divergent - Veronica Roth


8. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd


9. Unearthly - Cynthia Hand


10. Brother Sister - Sean Olin


11. Here Lies Bridget - Paige Harbison


12. There is No Dog - Meg Rosoff



Honourable Mention:


Entangled and Being Billy - both 2011 releases that would absolutely be on that list if I hadn't read them in 2010.



What were your favourite 2011 releases? Do you agree with my list or do you think anything's missing? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Fab choices Carly, I loved Divergent & Long Lankin, Midwinterblood & Unearthly are awesome too. I have quite a few of the others you mentioned on my to read pile so I'm going to have to hurry up and read them soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about five of these as well as your last two read in 2010. I would probably add Shadows On the Moon into my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother/Sister is on my TBR, it looks amazing! I'll have a post of my favorite books closer to New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I think half of these are on my tbr/wishlist because of a review I've read on your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read 6 of these and have a few of the others on my tbr, the ones I've read were all fantastic! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many great books there! Did I tell you that I read Unearthly over Christmas because you'd recommended it? Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.