Wednesday, 21 December 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas: 5 books I can't believe I still haven't read and 4 trends I'm predicting for 2012

Hello all - sorry I missed posting yesterday, everything's a little hectic in the run up to Christmas, as I'm sure it is for all of you!

First of all I have my list of five books I can't believe I STILL haven't read and then four of the trends in YA I'm predicting for 2012.

Five books I can't believe I still haven't read

5. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
4. Forever - Maggie Stiefvater
3. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
2. Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer
1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

Four trends I'm predicting in YA for 2012

4. Road trips/travelling (Wanderlove, Thou Shall Not Road Trip, Kiss the Morning Star, Reunited, The Disenchantments)
3. Post Iraq/Afghanistan war (Something Like Normal, Personal Effects, If I Lie, In Honor)
2. Anything set in Japan (Tokyo Heist, Katana)
1. Time travel/jumping (The Future of Us, Tempest, Time Between Us, Mortal Chaos)

Of course, dystopia is probably going to dominate 2012 releases, partly because of how popular it was this year and also because of the Hunger Games movie. I did enjoy dystopia this year but I'm already getting a bit fed up with the same couple of stories being regurgitated over and over again, sadly dystopia is becoming a bit of a snooze fest at the moment but there are a few great looking books due out in 2012 so hopefully that might freshen up the genre a little!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I didn't like Artemis Fowl at all, I found him really annoying lol but you might love it! I know lots of people who do. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Artemis Fowl a couple of years ago and I finally read Anna & Vampire Academy a while ago, the other 2 still haven't read! Love your predictions, but I think there will be lots of YA sci-fi this year, too, and I'm excited about that, I just hope they'll be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read those either I am so wanting to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Must change things in the New Year. Have a good one. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You *have* to read Artemis Fowl! It's amazing! I still can't believe I've only read the first two books in the series...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.