Saturday, 24 December 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Book of the Year

Good morning lovely people. Happy Christmas Eve! Are you all excited for Christmas today? Silly question. Of course you are.

Today is the last installment in my Twelve Days of Christmas feature, which I've had an absolute blast writing. It's been a great way to spotlight some of my favourite books and authors of 2011 and I'll definitely be bringing it back next year.

As this is the last post of the series I wanted to dedicate to my book of the year, the book I have enjoyed most of all and the book I've definitely talked about and recommend most during 2011.

This shouldn't come as much as a surprise to anybody who's spoken to me this year but my book of the year is...


Long Lankin by the incomparable Lindsey Barraclough!

Of course, it couldn't be anything else, could it? Midwinterblood came a very close second but Long Lankin just beat it.

I obsessed over Long Lankin for a good six months before I finally got given a copy at a Random House event. I loved it even more than I thought I would and it's easily one of my favourite YA books of all time (ALL TIME). If you want to read my review then just click here and to hear more about the time I was lucky enough to meet Lindsey click here.

There aren't enough superlatives in the world to describe how much I adore this book. I know it's one I'll reread and recommend for years and years to come and I'm so glad it was so well reviewed when it was released. It's completely unique and so refreshing to stumble across something so very different to anything out that's out there in the YA market at the moment. Plus, Lindsey is one of the sweetest authors I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and it was so lovely to get the opportunity to chat ot her about the book - massive thank you to the wonderful ladies at Random House for that, it absolutely made my year!



So there you have it, Long Lankin is Writing from the Tub's Book of the Year 2011. What did you think about Long Lankin? Which book would you give this award to?

Thank you everybody who's followed along with the Twelve Days of Christmas, I've loved reading all your comments and chatting to you about the posts on Twitter. You are all brilliant and if I don't speak to you before or if you're too busy to read tomorrow's posts I hope you all have the best Christmas ever!

(Fun fact: I just google Lindsey Barraclough to pull up an author picture and the second, third, seventh and eighth results on Google Images all come from Writing from the Tub - hot damn, that's some fine SEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.