Sunday, 1 January 2012

January Reading List

Afternoon my dears, how are you all enjoying the first day of 2012? I hope you haven't broken any resolutions yet!

I wanted to post up my planned reading list for this month - I'm hoping that if I make it public I'll do a better job of sticking to it. I'm going to attempt to be much more organised in 2012 and get reviews posted in the month of publication wherever possible. I have a big ole spreadsheet to help me out with this (I do love a good spreadsheet) so fingers crossed.

My reading list for January is as follows:

Review copies

Cinder - Marissa Meyer
Blink and Caution - Tim Wynne-Jones
Fracture - Megan Miranda
The Storyteller - Antonia Michaelis
Fated - Sarah Alderson
The Weight of Water - Sarah Crossan
The Court Painter's Apprentice - Richard Knight
Don't Call Me Ishmael - Michael Gerard Bauer
Smoulder - Brenna Yovanoff
Tempest - Julie Cross
In Darkness - Nick Lake
The Hunting Ground - Cliff McNish
Dark Parties - Sara Grant
Death by Sunshine - Allison Burnett

Pre-orders:

Don't Breathe a Word - Holly Cupala
Other Words for Love - Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
XVI - Julia Karr (so I'm up to date to read Truth)
Truth - Julia Karr
The Education of Hailey Kendrick - Eileen Cook

That's a total of nineteen books, which is definitely possible if I knuckle down and get to it, rather than faff about on the Internet looking at rage comics. January isn't a particularly busy month for me, something I've arranged on purpose - I'll just be reading and writing and pretty much being a hermit! One of my goals for 2012 is to stay chilled out and not burn myself out trying to do too much of everything; last year I over-committed big time and I was so knackered and stressed all the time, I'm not going to let that happen this year! Hopefully ensuring I have free time every week will mean I've got time to read the books I want to. There are some brilliant books being released in January and I'm so excited about every single title on my list.

Have you read any of these books yet? If so, do let me know where you'd recommend I start!

5 comments:

  1. Start with Cinder. I thought it was one of the best books I read last year. Of course I am a fan of science fiction and fairy tale re-tellings which made this one perfect for me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy - funny, I already started it this morning! Half way through and really enjoying it so far :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic list.
    I have read Cinder, it is awesome so is Fracture, Tempest & Dark Parties. I would also recommend The Future of Us.
    Good Luck with your reading plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Cinder and Tempest! Can't wait to hear what you think of them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your January reading goals! I'm reading Cinder at the moment and enjoying it. I LOVED Fracture, and really liked Dark Parties and Tempest too.

    I've been kind of in a reading slump lately. I say I'm reading Cinder at the moment, but really I'm 'reading' 5 books at the moment because I'm so restless, I keep jumping between them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.