Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Reckless Chapter Titles of Joy

So every day Reckless gets a little more polished and feels a little bit closer to being finished. Or, finished enough that I stop tinkering with it and start my quest for an agent. I still have a way to go but the end is in sight. Scary, scary stuff.

I've just been filling out big sheets of paper with a timeline so I can check for continuity and fun things like that. Reckless is set (roughly) over a nine week period and as I've been going along and editing (and editing...and editing) I've plonked some names down to round up the general tone of each week, or part. I had a read through the nine titles earlier and they made me happy, as they pretty much do sum up the contents (and remarkable depth...) of my little book about boys and girls and gap years and hangovers. Folks, if you will:

Week One: Reckless Abandon
Week Two: Jock Quest
Week Three: Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
Week Four: The Spark
Week Five: The Hugging Incident
Week Six: Le Flirt
Week Seven: Nicole's Week of Shit
Week Eight: Sexytimes
Week Nine: All's Well That Ends Well

And to finish, just a couple of the photos that are up on my mood boards in my writing room to help me settle back into the story whenever I sit down to write:



*

So there you go :). More Reckless updates soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Carly. This is a good idea. I never thought of adding a bit about my book to the blog. I love the mood board. I have got Emma doing line edits for me at the moment, and it has made such a difference. Good luck to us both. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pictures! And I like the ideas of "writing down an outline". Once I find my writing groove again, MUST PLAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo some of those week chapter titles are awesome! I particularly love how blunt Week seven is! and those pictures.. ooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.